1. Click the wireless icon in the top right hand corner of your screen.
2. Click TAFENSW.
3. Type your TAFE NSW username and password.
4. Click Remember this Network
to tick the box.
5. Click Join.
6. Click Continue to verify certificate
7. If asked, use touch ID or enter your device password.
This will allow changes to your Certificate Trust Settings
8. Click the wireless icon in the top right hand corner of your screen again.
9. Click Open Network Preferences.
10. Click Advanced.
11. Click the Proxies tab.
12. Tick Auto Proxy Discovery,
then click OK.
13. You should now be connected to the TAFENSW Wi-Fi network.
14. To test this has worked
The results of the search should load and display correctly.
Still not working?
Try the More Help box on this page. Library staff can also help you to follow the instructions.
If you have followed our instructions but you still cannot connect to the Wi-Fi, try one or more of these:
Change to manual proxy
If the device says that it is connected to the Wi-Fi but there is no internet, you need to set the proxy.
1. Follow from step 8 to step 11 in the main instructions to arrive at the Proxies tab.
2. Untick Auto Proxy Discovery and tick Web Proxy.
3. In the Web Proxy Server fields that appear, type:
4. Click OK.
5. You should now be connected to the TAFENSW Wi-Fi network.
6. To test this has worked, open your browser (Chrome/Firefox/Internet Explorer/Edge) and/or search engine (Google/Bing), and type in a search word.
The results of the search should load correctly.
Forget the network (for 10.8)
This may help if the Wi-Fi connection is not working after following the set-up guide for your device, or when you have changed your password.
You may need to reboot after forgetting the network
(to erase the certificate from your Mac's memory).
Now try to rejoin the network from scratch.
Still not working? Try our Support and FAQ.