Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About Smarthinking - Free After Hours Study Help
Smarthinking is an external after hours online study support service freely available to all current TAFE NSW students. It connects you to a support team who can answer questions about your study-related needs.
- Get constructive writing feedback on academic writing, including structure, grammar, referencing, punctuation and spelling in less than 24 hours unless otherwise advised,
- Access drop-in or scheduled tutoring after hours for personalised chat help with one of the Smarthinking tutors to receive foundational assistance in the subjects of reading and writing, maths and statistics, business and more.
Check Features for more information.
Service Hours and Limits
- Monday to Thursday 3.00 pm to midnight
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday 24 hours
How much help can I get from Smarthinking?
- You can access up to 2 hours of help per term, this includes Writing Centre, Drop-in and Scheduled Tutoring sessions.
- A scheduled tutoring session will take 30 mins of your allocation, even if you don't use up the whole 30 min session.
Term dates 2020
||12 October to 31 December
Reached your limit? Don't forget you have access to other support services.
How to Access Smarthinking
Log in to Smarthinking using your TAFE NSW username and password.
Log in now
For login instructions via the TAFE NSW Portal, Moodle, Studespace or TAFE Digital Online Learning Support (OLS) go to Login Support and FAQ.
Smarthinking Tutoring Overview
Contact Us About This Guide