Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Services and Support Open
Please note for all libraries:
Masks are required to be worn in all TAFE NSW Libraries as a condition of entry until further notice, with the exception of circumstances outlined by NSW Health.
writing text to make a break
All students and staff must check into the campus via the QR code, but will also be required to register their TAFEcard at the library desk on entry. How to get a TAFECard
- Social distancing and restricted capacity measures will be in place and may affect some services and access to facilities.
- Members of the public, including family members of students and staff, cannot stay in the library. An exception is a prospective student accompanied by a member of staff.
- You can visit any TAFE NSW Library to borrow an item.
- Ring or email ahead to have the item waiting for you to collect.
- If you can't return your items, please contact the lending library to discuss your options.
- You can return in person or via external return chutes if available. Details of external return chutes including open times are available on each library's contact page.
- You can return items to any open TAFE NSW Library.
- You can renew an item up to 3 times as long as it is not overdue and no one else has asked for it.
- Renew online, over the phone or by email.
Access eResources at Anytime
eResources include eBooks, online videos and newspaper, magazine and journal articles from databases which you can read online. To access use your TAFE NSW username and password.
For additional information and study support check out these links:
My Subject Guides
Find resources for your course. Note: TAFE Digital students can use any of the guides.
Free external study help, including expert assistance with subjects like writing, maths, science, economics and more. A friendly support team is waiting online to help you, Monday to Sunday 24/7.
Smarthinking is an addition to the wide variety of study support services that TAFE NSW already offer to help students with their learning needs, so you have the flexibility to choose the study support option that best suits you.
Contains 10,000+ high quality online courses teaching creative, business and technology skills. The courses are available in all levels from beginners to advanced.
Campus and Library Closures
All libraries are currently open
Please refer to individual library pages for service details and reopening dates if known.
Resource Scanning Service
Sometimes you may only need a few pages of an available TAFE NSW library resource. Library staff can provide you with a scan for personal study purposes.
To use this service please contact:
- The resource scan will be sent to you via your TAFE NSW email address.
- You will need to provide the details of the resource and the chapter/pages/article you would like to have copied.
- The amount we can copy for you across all TAFE NSW Libraries from a single title is restricted by Australian copyright law. Generally, this will be 10% or one chapter or article.
Join Our Online Library Sessions
These short 1/2 hour sessions in a range of topics are available via MS Teams to all TAFE NSW students and staff. The sessions are repeated on different days and times. Register using your TAFE NSW email.
Access to Computers on Campus
The number of computers available in your library may have been reduced due to space capacity and social distancing measures.
- Call ahead to your local library for information on booking processes and details of other computers that may be available on campus.
- Bring your own headsets. Libraries are unable to lend headsets during this time.
- Note that most computers in the library will not have camera access.
Help with technology
Library staff are happy to assist where they can within social distancing restraints. Further help:
ITSA Standards Postal Printing Service
The Illawarra TAFE Student Association (ITSA) provides a paid printing service for Australian Standards for all TAFE NSW students and staff. Items are posted to your home address.
Contact ITSA for pricing of standards not covered by the pre-filled forms.