Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Spaces and Support Open!
Whilst some Greater Sydney Libraries are currently closed, most TAFE NSW Library spaces are open to TAFE NSW enrolled students and staff.
- Members of the public, including family members of students and staff, cannot stay in the library. An exception is a prospective student accompanied by a member of staff.
- Social distancing and restricted capacity measures will be in place and may affect some services and access to facilities.
- Masks must be worn at all times in TAFE NSW Libraries
Additional restrictions for Greater Sydney libraries:
- Greater Sydney libraries will be operating on reduced hours during the current lockdown. Some locations are closed. Please check the library contacts page for more details
- Collection access restricted. Click and collect available.
- Library spaces are not open for general study
- You must not travel to, or outside of a restricted LGA to visit a library for any reason. Please follow the TAFE guidelines for traveling to campuses
You can access Greater Sydney libraries for the following reasons:
- Return or collect resources
- Access to computers and internet services to complete course work or attend a virtual class, only if you are unable to access from home.
- Support to access resources and technology for your course. Please note that this support may be limited if it involves close contact
- Use the photocopier/printer for course-related work
Masks are a condition of entry at all TAFE NSW Libraries
Contact your Local TAFE NSW Library
TAFE libraries can be contacted by phone or email. Please check the link below.
If you have items currently on loan, you may be able to renew them. See the renewal link below or contact library staff.
Whilst libraries are open, you can limit contact:
- You can return your items through external return chutes if available at your campus. Details in the link below.
- You can request items by phone or email and pickup from the library.
Contact your library:
Search the Catalogue
Find library resources for your course
Free after hours study help, including expert assistance with subjects like writing, maths, science, economics and more. A friendly support team is waiting online to help you, 3:00 pm till late, Monday to Thursday and 24 hrs Friday to Sunday.
Smarthinking is an addition to the wide variety of study support services that TAFE NSW already offer to help students with their learning needs, so you have the flexibility to choose the study support option that best suits you.
Campus and Library closures
Due to the ongoing COVID lockdown, the following campuses and libraries are currently closed: Bankstown, Blacktown, Campbelltown, Granville, Lidcombe, Liverpool, Macquarie Fields, Miller, Mount Druitt, Padstow, Nirimba and Wetherill Park.
Design Centre Enmore and St George Libraries are also closed.
Please refer to individual library pages for service details.
Please follow TAFE NSW advice regarding visiting campuses:
Chat to a Librarian
Have a question about libraries?
Chat with a Librarian
Week commencing 26 July 2021
Chat from 8 - 6 pm Monday to Thursday
9-5 pm Friday
Check out our Frequently asked Questions or ask your own.
eResources include eBooks, online videos and newspaper, magazine and journal articles from databases which you can read online. To access use your TAFE NSW username and password.
For additional information and study support check out these links:
Access to Computers on Campus
The number of computers available in your library may have been reduced due to space capacity and social distancing measures.
- Call ahead to your local library for information on booking processes.
- Bring your own headsets. Libraries are unable to lend headsets during this time.
- Note that most computers in the library will not have camera access.
Help with Technology
Library staff are happy to assist where they can within social distancing restraints. Further help:
My Subject Guides
Find resources for your course. Note: TAFE digital students can use any of the guides.
Contains 10,000+ high quality online courses teaching creative, business and technology skills. The courses are available in all levels from beginners to advanced.