Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Services and Support Open
From Tuesday 29 February, most COVID-19 related restrictions have been lifted
Masks and checking-in are no longer required.
Members of the public, including family members of students and staff, still cannot stay in the library. An exception is a prospective student accompanied by a member of staff.
When on campus please still observe the following:
- stay home if unwell
- observe hand hygiene
- maintain social distancing of 1.5 metres where practicable
- choose outdoor settings where possible
- You can visit any TAFE NSW Library to borrow an item.
- Ring or email ahead to have the item waiting for you to collect.
- If you can't return your items, please contact the lending library to discuss your options.
- You can return in person or via external return chutes if available. Details of external return chutes including open times are available on each library's contact page.
- You can return items to any open TAFE NSW Library.
- You can renew an item up to 3 times as long as it is not overdue and no one else has asked for it.
- Renew online, over the phone or by email.
Access eResources at Anytime
eResources include eBooks, online videos and newspaper, magazine and journal articles from databases which you can read online. To access use your TAFE NSW username and password.
For additional information and study support check out these links:
My Subject Guides
Find resources for your course.
Free external study help, including expert assistance with subjects like writing, maths, science, economics and more. A friendly support team is waiting online to help you, Monday to Sunday 24/7.
Smarthinking is an addition to the wide variety of study support services that TAFE NSW already offer to help students with their learning needs, so you have the flexibility to choose the study support option that best suits you.
Contains 10,000+ high quality online courses teaching creative, business and technology skills. The courses are available in all levels from beginners to advanced.
Resource Scanning Service
Sometimes you may only need a few pages of an available TAFE NSW library resource. Library staff can provide you with a scan for personal study purposes.
To use this service please contact:
- The resource scan will be sent to you via your TAFE NSW email address.
- You will need to provide the details of the resource and the chapter/pages/article you would like to have copied.
- The amount we can copy for you across all TAFE NSW Libraries from a single title is restricted by Australian copyright law. Generally, this will be 10% or one chapter or article.
Join Our Online Library Sessions
These short 1/2 hour sessions in a range of topics are available via MS Teams to all TAFE NSW students and staff. The sessions are repeated on different days and times. Register using your TAFE NSW email.
Access to Computers on Campus
- Call ahead to your local library for information on booking processes and details of other computers that may be available on campus.
- Bring your own headsets.
- Note that most computers in the library will not have camera access.
Help with technology
Library staff are happy to assist where they can. Further help:
ITSA Standards Postal Printing Service
The Illawarra TAFE Student Association (ITSA) provides a paid printing service for Australian Standards for all TAFE NSW students and staff. Items are posted to your home address.
Contact ITSA for pricing of standards not covered by the pre-filled forms.