Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
||Library chat line open from 9am to 5pm weekdays. Check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) or ask your own.
Information on renewing loans, access to online resources and services available during COVID-19. Stay safe!
Library services for TAFE Digital students
As a currently enrolled student with TAFE Digital you have access to a range of resources in TAFE NSW Libraries. Choose the most appropriate option for you to contact library staff for support.
- Pop into your nearest TAFE NSW Library and the library staff can help you to access the resources you need. Please bring your TAFEcard.
- Contact any TAFE NSW Library direct by phone or email
- Chat online with library staff.
In Person Loans
TAFE NSW Libraries
If you are able to visit a TAFE NSW Library you can borrow items directly. Your nearest library may also be able to organise an Interlibrary Loan so you can pickup and return an item from another library locally. For Interlibrary Loans, items must be collected and returned to the same pick up location.
Tertiary educational libraries across Australia
TAFE Digital students currently enrolled in a course and able to visit a member library in another state may be eligible to participate in the National Reciprocal Borrowing scheme. This is a free service. Please contact a TAFE NSW Library or the Chat line first for assistance. You will need a TAFEcard to access this service.
TAFE NSW Digital students who live in Australia and cannot get to a TAFE library may be able to use the free postal loan service.
The service is limited to students requiring course related resources and:
- currently enrolled in a TAFE Digital course (includes OTEN and TAFE Now courses)
- unable to attend a TAFE NSW library due to distance or disability
- with a postal address in Australia
- with a TAFEcard
Students will be provided with a reply paid envelope. Extra time is given on the loan to cover posting period.
Please contact Western Sydney Library Service with your requirements via email
WSIOTENLibraryServices@tafensw.edu.au The library service will confirm your eligibility for the service.
Resource Scanning Service
Sometimes you may only need a few pages of an available TAFE NSW library resource. Library staff can provide you with a scan for personal study purposes.
To use this service please contact:
- The resource scan will be sent to you via your TAFE NSW email address.
- You will need to provide the details of the resource and the chapter/pages/article you would like to have copied.
- The amount we can copy for you across all TAFE NSW Libraries from a single title is restricted by Australian copyright law. Generally, this will be 10% or one chapter or article.
Your TAFECard is Your Library Card
Use your TAFECard for:
- Accessing library services including borrowing and renewing at any TAFE NSW Library
- Identification on campus and for exams.
- Displaying your Student Association Membership and travel concessions identifier if eligible.
- Access to car parks and computer rooms at some locations.
- Printing and photocopying on campus.
- Accessing TAFE Library services in other states
- Library postal loan services (eligible TAFE Digital students only)
How to get your TAFEcard?
- Please visit any TAFE NSW campus to have your photo taken and receive your TAFEcard.
- Do not visit a campus if you are from an LGA of concern.
- If you can't visit a campus you can ask for a TAFEcard via submit an online enquiry
- Your enquiry is: regarding your current course. Choose a topic: I need help with something else
- Location: TAFE Digital students choose Online otherwise choose your normal campus
- Comments section: Ask for a TAFEcard, explaining why you can't come to campus.
- Attach your identification documents. See the identification requirements.
Things to know:
- You will be issued with one TAFEcard regardless of how many courses you enrol in. It is valid while you are enrolled and can be used at any TAFE NSW campus.
- Please don’t discard your TAFEcard as it is valid for future courses. If you already have a TAFEcard you do not need to get a new one.
- A replacement fee of $20 applies to lost/stolen or damaged cards.
Join Our Accessing Standards Online Library Sessions
These short 1/2 hour sessions are available via MS Teams to all TAFE NSW students and staff. The sessions are repeated on different days and times. Register using your TAFE NSW email.
Missed out? More sessions will be running in the future