Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
||Library chat line open from 9am to 5pm weekdays. Check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) or ask your own.
Information on renewing loans, access to online resources and services available during COVID-19. Stay safe!
Library services for TAFE Digital students
As a currently enrolled student with TAFE Digital you have access to a range of resources in TAFE NSW Libraries. Choose the most appropriate option for you to contact library staff for support.
- Pop into your nearest TAFE NSW Library and the library staff can help you to access the resources you need. Please bring your TAFEcard.
- Contact any TAFE NSW Library direct by phone or email
- Chat online with library staff.
Access to physical resources in NSW
If you are able to visit a TAFE NSW Library you may be able to borrow items from any TAFE NSW library through the Interlibrary Loan Service. Items must be collected and returned to the same pick up location.
Access to physical resources across Australia
TAFE Digital students currently enrolled in a course and able to visit a member library in another state may be eligible to participate in the National Reciprocal Borrowing scheme. This is a free service. Please contact a TAFE NSW Library or the Chat line first for assistance. You will need a TAFEcard to access this service.
TAFE NSW Digital students who live in Australia and cannot get to a TAFE library may be able to use the postal loan service.
The service is limited to students requiring course related resources and:
- currently enrolled in a TAFE Digital course (includes OTEN and TAFE Now courses)
- unable to attend a TAFE NSW library due to distance or disability
- with a postal address in Australia
- with a TAFEcard
Please contact Western Sydney Library Service with your requirements via email
WSIOTENLibraryServices@tafensw.edu.au The library service will confirm your eligibility for the service.
Your TAFECard is Your Library Card
Use your TAFECard for:
- Accessing library services including borrowing and renewing at any TAFE NSW Library
- Identification on campus and for exams.
- Displaying your Student Association Membership and travel concessions identifier if eligible.
- Access to car parks and computer rooms at some locations.
- Printing and photocopying on campus.
- Accessing TAFE Library services in other states
- Library postal loan services (eligible TAFE Digital students only)
How to get your TAFEcard?
- Please visit any TAFE NSW campus to have your photo taken for your TAFEcard.
- You can also submit an online enquiry (choose location: Online) Please follow the identification requirements.
- You will be issued with one TAFEcard regardless of how many courses you enrol in. It is valid while you are enrolled and can be used at any TAFE NSW campus.
- Please don’t discard your TAFEcard as it is valid for future courses.
- A replacement fee of $20 applies to lost/stolen or damaged cards.